Thursday, June 9, 2011

Applauding Our Decision to Eat at Bravo Burger?


Bravo Burgers
27200 La Paz Road
Mission Viejo, CA 92692

I am pretty predictable. I hear that there is a new burger place that opens up, and I am usually there within a day or two. I hear that this burger place also features breakfast burritos, then I am there instantly.  I had heard about Bravo Burger before but had never been. So Katie and I headed over there for two separate trips on the same day.

This is a new location for Bravo Burger. They took over a spot that used to be a Weinersnitchel. Bravo Burger was started by a Greek guy that left his native land to work in the restaurants of LA. Gaining the knowledge to open his own place, he started Bravo Burger in 1982. Now totaling eight locations, with one more on the way, this is their second OC outpost, (the other is in San Juan Capistrano). Bravo Burger is known for their large menu, so let's see if they should also be known for great food too.



On our morning trip to BB, both Katie and I got Bravo Breakfast Burritos. We both added avocado to the burritos for an extra 99 cents. The Bravo breakfast burrito includes three kinds of breakfast meat; ham, bacon and sausage, cheddar and jack cheese, two large eggs, and hash browns. The burrito was good sized here. I did finish mine rather quickly though. The potatoes were smooth, and the two kinds of cheese were a nice touch. The meat could have stood out a little more to me. The burrito was stuffed with meat, but it did not pack the flavor punch you would expect. The egg, of course, got lost in the shuffle, but that usually happens in a breakfast burrito. All in all, not a bad burrito.



Our next trip a couple of hours later, we went through the drive-through. Katie ordered the Veggie Burger. I am sure that it is no surprise that I did not try this veggie burger. Katie said it was good though, and it tasted really fresh. Guess I will have to take her word for it.


I went with two items for dinner, the first was the Quarter Pound Beef Chili Dog with cheese. Looking at this hot dog I had such high hopes. I liked all of the onions and cheese, but the chili fell flat. There was no spice or taste to it. The all-beef hot dog did not stand out either. As much as I love chili dogs, I would not get this again.



I needed to try one of their burgers also since the place is called Bravo Burger it would have been a crime not to try one of their hamburgers. I chose the Frisco Cheeseburger. This came with two patties, Swiss cheese, lettuce, and tomato, all served on sourdough cheese toast. The cheese toast was a nice touch, but as you can see from the picture, the patties are very thin. The burger was fine, but not memorable. It could have been under seasoned, or maybe my taste buds were dormant after eating the bland chili dog.

Bravo Burger is okay. It is convenient to where I live, so I will probably come back in the future. I will not go out of my way to eat here for hamburgers and hot dogs, but would definitely keep getting their breakfast burritos, and try some of their other breakfast items. The restaurant was brand new, so of course, it was spotless. The prices were fair, not overly cheap. My burger was just over $6, while the breakfast burrito set me back $7. I don't mind paying that much for a breakfast burrito if it fills me up, and I can skip eating lunch, which I did here.

Out of five guitars, (because on the Brady Bunch, Greg's alter ego Johnny Bravo played the guitar. Okay that is my last Brady Bunch reference for a while, I promise!), five being best to zero being worst, Bravo Burgers gets 2.5 guitars.

For more information on Bravo burgers, click here: https://www.bravoscafresh.com/
Bravo Burgers on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment