Friday, April 16, 2010

Why is Bread Winners Raking in the Dough?


Bread Winners
3301 McKinney Ave.
Dallas, TX 75204

So Katie and I went on vacation to Dallas for five days in April. Our purpose for the trip was to see the sights, go to a hockey and baseball game, and of course, find and sample the best food that big D has to offer. This is part five of seven in our Dallas series. So sit back, cap that oil rig, and enjoy this special edition of Eating My Way Through Dallas.

When I was planning our trip to Dallas, I wanted a good sample of all that Dallas had to offer, and when I had read that Bread Winners was voted best breakfast in Dallas, it made it on our list of places to go. Bread Winners is located in the uptown district of Dallas and looks like it once used to be a house. If not, they have succeeded in making this place feel very homey. Let's see if the food is like homemade.


Above is the complimentary bread plate that came after we placed our order. Now, I not going to knock free food, but I think that this stuff was day old, which is fine because it was free. I think all of this would have tasted great the day before. The blueberry coffee cake was easily the best item on this plate. Lots of blueberries in this and a good sweet flavor.
 
 
Here is Katie's breakfast. She ordered the Nature Cakes, with a side of scrambled eggs. The Nature Cakes were buttermilk pancakes, with homemade granola in them. She really enjoyed these, saying this was the best thing she ate in Texas. I thought they were okay and needed a lot more syrup. They did have a good flavor. It is hard for pancakes to impress me though. Katie only took one bite of her eggs, she was too overwhelmed with the pancakes.
 
 
Here is my Leo's Favorite. This scramble included grilled chicken, ham, onion, tomatoes, hollandaise sauce, and jack cheese. This hearty dish was very good. All of the ingredients worked well together. I was afraid that with so many items the flavor would be over the top, but it was really mellow and tasted great. The only complaint I would have is that the ham was not cut up enough, but that would be it. I could see myself ordering this again.
 
This meal was a very nice start to a very busy day of sightseeing for us. I would agree that this is one of the best breakfast places in Dallas.
 
So out of five oil men, (because oil men are breadwinners and we are in Texas), five being best to zero being worst, Bread Winners gets 3 oil men.
 
For more information on Bread Winners, check them out here: https://www.breadwinnerscafe.com/

Bread Winners Bakery & Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment