Friday, April 16, 2010

Hanging Out at Baker's Ribs - CLOSED


Baker's Ribs
4844 Greenville Ave.
Dallas, TX 75206

Katie and I went on vacation to Dallas for five days in April. Our purpose was to see the sights, go to a hockey and baseball game, and find and sample the best food that Big D has to offer. This is part three of seven in our Dallas series. So sit back, wear your boots, and enjoy this special edition of Eating My Way Through Dallas.

Baker's was missing from our original list of places to try. We missed going to a taco spot for lunch because we spent too much time at Southfork Ranch. But the night before, when we were at the Angry Dog, we saw another Baker's Ribs place, and it smelled so good that I really wanted to try it. Let's see if the smell matches the food.


Katie and I were going to be eating dinner in a few hours, so we just split this one plate of food. We got the Three Meat Combo plate. Let's go in for a closer look.


 
The first stop is the ribs. These were, of course, the stars of the show. The ribs were cooked perfectly with a little char on the outside, and the meat fell off the bone with just a slight tug. The meat was tender, and the sauce was applied just the right amount. I can not say enough about these ribs, other than I wish I had more. The picture above shows how a rib should look after eating one; the meat should come clean. Wish the places in Orange County could get this right.   
 
 
The second of our two types of meat was Hot Sausage. This sausage was not really hot; it had more of a smoky flavor. It was decent sausage—not the best I have ever had, but okay. It was made better when I added some of the BBQ sauce to it.
 
 
The last of our meat trifecta was the sliced beef. This was also very tender, and you could taste the hickory in the meat. Excellent beef here. Again, I wish I had more of this, or maybe in a sandwich.
 
 
Now, it is on to the sides. This is the potato salad. I am very hard on potato salad, but this is a good one. It really had a nice dill flavor and good consistency. The potatoes were cooked right, and I liked how they dressed them.
 
 
Another hit was the macaroni and cheese. It had a good cheesy flavor and was creamy. Katie and I were fighting over the forkfuls.
 

 
Lastly, we had the fried pecan pie. This was good, but it was made fantastic when we put some soft-serve vanilla ice cream over it. It was a very good end to a great meal.
 
Baker's has six locations in Dallas, one in Houston, and two in Minnesota. I hope they branch out to California soon. This was definitely one of the best barbeque experiences I have ever had.
 
So, out of five little piggies, five being the best and zero being the worst, Baker's Ribs gets four little piggies.
 
For more information on Baker's, look them up here: https://bakersribs.com/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment