Thursday, March 25, 2010

Clucking It Up at the Rooster Cafe!


Rooster Cafe
750 Saint Clair Street
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Having Sundays off rocks! I have had a string of them off recently, and could not be happier. It gives me a chance to try some breakfast places that I have been hearing about. So I rounded up my girlfriend and parents and headed to Rooster Cafe in Costa Mesa.

This place is about as simple as their web site. We arrived at about 10:30 and the place had a steady stream of people coming in and out. So lets see if these people are coming for the food.


My Mom started with the Double Espresso above. She really enjoyed this. I, on the other hand am not a coffee drinker, so I abstained from trying this. I really liked the picture, so I wanted to include this though. 

 

We might as well talk about what my Mom ate first. She opted for the Early Riser. Fried egg, bacon, mayo and cheese on grilled sourdough bread. Simple, but delicious, and at $3.99 it was a steal. When a breakfast sandwich at McDonalds can cost $3.49, this is a bargain and better tasting also! This was definitely the right size portion for my Mom also.


This colorful plate belonged to my Dad. The Breakfast Tacos looked really good. I did not get a chance to try them though, because they were gone pretty quickly, and I was not offered any. They were served with egg, bacon, cheese, avocado and hot sauce. This would have been what I had ordered, but I wanted us to all get something different. Maybe next time I will get this.


In the mood for something sweet? Try Katie's order of Texas Toast. They gave her three slices of toast served with butter and syrup. This was not as heavy as regular egg battered French toast. It had a good taste and very good texture. This dish was a shade under $5, another good value.


Lastly, was my Hearty Scramble. This was scrambled eggs mixed with bacon, sausage, ham, cheese and onions. Also served with breakfast potatoes. The potatoes were very good and crispy. The eggs were good as well, but could of had more meat mixed in with them. For added flavor I used a good amount of hot sauce. 

Rooster Cafe was all that it was cracked up to be. Yes, I know that roosters do not lay eggs, but this is a solid breakfast place and we look forward to going back for lunch. They are only opened from 7-3 daily, so do not plan on any dinners here. The workers here were also very cool, and the place had a nice, although crowded, atmosphere. The value was also outstanding, all the food above plus three other drinks were $28 dollars total

Out of five hen houses, because what do roosters love more than hen houses?, five being best to zero being worst, Rooster Cafe receives three solid hen houses. 

To get some more information on Rooster Cafe, look them up here: http://www.eatatrooster.com/   

Rooster Cafe on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Good call... great for breakfast.
    Will have to do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks annonymous, you are both right on the mark with your comments!

    ReplyDelete