Friday, November 13, 2009

A night out at Woody's Diner


Woody's Diner
24321 Avenida De La Carlota
Laguna Hills, CA

So on a recent visit to Lonestar Steakhouse, my girlfriend and I looked across the parking lot and saw Woody's Diner occupying the spot that had once been Islands. I, of course, was ready to give it a try, but considering that we just both had prime rib dinners at Lonestar, we decided we would wait a few days.

Fast forward to this past Thursday night, and we found ourselves out at Woody's. The place was deserted, at seven o'clock. We were met by a very cheery hostess, who sat us promptly. Our waiter got our drinks to us quickly and then we decided what to have. The menu is typical diner fare with a lot of variety. They serve breakfast all day long, but we both opted for dinner.


I started with this side salad. Pretty mediocre, nothing to write home about. I thought the 4.75 price tag was a little over the top for some iceberg lettuce, cucumbers, and three cherry tomatoes, something I could have had at home for about two dollars.

 

Here is Katie's meal. She had the BBQ chicken wrap. She liked it and thought that it had a lot of chicken. I took a bite of it and thought that it was bland tasting, but wraps are not really my favorite thing. I thought they could have used a little more BBQ ranch sauce on it, it was kind of dry to me.


Now on to my meal. I had the Bacon cheeseburger, ( I know big surprise for those of you that know me, I always love trying bacon burgers.) Anyways, when the burger got to the table it hit me, why do places always place the bacon strips in a cross? When you order a bacon burger you really want to taste the bacon in every bite, so this is how it should come out of the kitchen.....


Now that is a little better. The bacon on this burger was a little fatty, which I do not mind, but I know that some of you do. The patty was juicy, but the third-pound burger left me wanting more. You can add an extra patty for $1.50, but that makes this burger top out at a whopping $10.45! Too much for this burger.

So as we left Woddy's I felt it was an okay place, not anything too great. I hear they have better breakfasts, so we will probably give them another shot when we are in a breakfast mood.

Here is the website if you would like to check them out. The Laguna Hills location is not listed though. http://woodysdiners.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment