Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I Have Died and Gone to Cinnamon Roll Heaven!


Paul's Pantry
27409 Bellogente #B
Mission Viejo, CA 92691

After a crazy night out with our families, for my brother in law's fortieth birthday, both Katie and I were looking for somewhere different to eat for breakfast. We wanted somewhere that would help us soak up the alcohol that was probably still in our system. Enter Paul's Pantry. This place has been around a long time. Let's see if this is the cure for our hangover blues.

Paul's is your typical coffee shop. This Sunday morning was busy, but not too crowded. We walked right in and were told to sit wherever we wanted. The menu here is pretty good sized for breakfast. So let's see what we settled on.


This is the Hillbilly Scramble. This dish is made up of scrambled eggs, Polish sausage, avocado, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, and cheese. This was a very filling scramble, and they did not skimp on any of the toppings. The flavors were really good on this one.


Also served with my breakfast were these two pancakes. They were decent and really made me full. If you wanted to skip the pancakes you could choose hash browns and toast instead. But there is another item here that you must try, and here it is.


This is probably the best cinnamon roll I have ever had, and believe me, I have eaten my fair share of cinnamon rolls. This came with Katie's meal that we will talk about in a moment. You can substitute the toast for a cinnamon roll, and that is what she did. That is also what I will do on my future visits to Paul's. The softball-sized cinnamon roll had lots of sugary frosting and was baked just perfectly. A real show stopper for this meal.


Katie got the Popeye Scramble. This scramble is composed of scrambled eggs. spinach, tomatoes, green onions, mushrooms and topped with mozzarella cheese. She really liked this but had a hard time finishing this off. I also really enjoyed the flavor of this dish.

Paul's is a true greasy spoon. None of this food is good for you, but if you feel like treating yourself every once in a while, I see no harm in that. The cinnamon roll alone is worth the trip here. I have heard that the service is spotty here, but we had no complaints about this visit.

Out of five big screens, (yes I know this is not Paul's the king of big screens!), five being best to zero being worst, Paul's Pantry receives three big screens.

For more information about Paul's Pantry, head to their website here: http://www.paulspantrymv.com/?fbclid=IwAR2S8A74urtqjmAGWIZADAxTvU4Ngn6DE143pno5sF7VA9plkvjqXsg7mg0

1 comment:

  1. Just seeing that cinnamon roll, w/ the frosting and butter melting into it. Holy Moly. Best breakfast in the OC - hands down!!! So good!!! But don't eat for the rest of the day! lol - awesome blog babe!

    ReplyDelete